Popular Courses at SVC HQ
Developing Personal Effectiveness | This is a well-rounded management workshop that will bring managers together to improve their skills. This one day course will cover:
- Productivity and effectiveness
- Personal responsibility
- Time management
- Business growth and profitability
Assertiveness and Confidence Building | Assertiveness is a communication skill that enables self-empowerment, personal growth and personal change.
- Become more confident
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Learn how to become more effective both in your working and personal life
Train the Trainer | Develop a range of participative techniques, increasing confidence by equipping them with the skills to deliver first-class training sessions.
- Understanding the difference between training/teaching/mentoring and coaching
- Kolb cycle of experiential learning
- Honey and Mumford learning styles
- Differentiation and planning
- Presence – voice, body language, choice of language
- Resources, audio, visual and kinesthetic
Public Speaking and Presentation Skills | This highly practical course that will give participants the confidence and techniques to speak publicly, prepare and deliver focused professional and effective presentations.
- Planning and preparation
- Presentation material and structures
- Preparing yourself and controlling nerves
- Delivering to different audiences
- Interacting with your audience
Time Management | Time is our most valuable resource, especially in today’s fast-paced, pressurised, target-driven world of work.
- Principles of good time management
- Managing your time more effectively
- Consequences of being a poor time manager
- A structured approach towards planning
- Setting SMART goals and priorities
Effective People Management | The role of the manager can be a challenging one. Effective management depends on a blend of appropriate skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours, coupled with relevant experience.
- Motivate and manage the performance of others
- The role of the manager
- Management versus leadership
- Benefits of effective management
Mindfulness | Mindfulness is a mind-body approach to life that helps us to relate differently to experiences. It involves paying attention to our thoughts and feelings in a way that increases our ability to manage difficult situations and make wise choices.
- Introduction to mindfulness
- Be right where you are
- Our storytelling minds
- Cultivating kindness
- Moving forward and enhancing resilience