Level 3 Facilities Management
Key operational, managerial and strategic aspects of the FM role
The Level 3 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Facilities Management is for learners who are considering a move into Facilities Management (FM), or have some operational experience in the role and want to consolidate their knowledge and develop their skills.
These qualifications are ideal for those seeking to develop FM competencies backed by broader leadership skills.
- Understand the key operational, managerial and strategic aspects of the FM role
- Plan, organise and deliver FM services in your own organisation
- Successfully respond to and manage change
- Build relationships, communicate and influence key stakeholders
- Benefits for employers
- Efficient and competent FM teams
- FM staff with the soft skills to manage people and relationships
- Greater innovation in strategies and processes
- A broad range of optional units – tailor this qualification to your organisation’s learning and development needs
The Award comprises two mandatory units. These focus on giving learners a thorough grounding in the FM role as it applies to their organisation, health and safety policies and best practice, with optional units covering dealing with specific FM competencies, broader management and leadership skills.
The certificate has two additional mandatory units focusing on delivering and improving FM services, and dealing with building relationships and influencing stakeholders for effective take-up of FM policies.
In the Diploma, there are four more mandatory units. One covers managing and maintaining property and assets, in the context of the learner’s organisation. The remaining three focus on soft leadership and management skills – including solving problems, making decisions and developing yourself and others.
Successful learners completing this qualification are able to progress to a range of qualifications including:
- ILM Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
- ILM Level 4 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management