Level 3 Construction and Built Environment
Build your leadership capabilities
These non-technical qualifications are aimed at team leaders, supervisors, foremen and site managers seeking to gain a thorough understanding of leadership and management principles to effectively lead, supervise and safely manage staff in the built environment and construction industry.
Each qualification has the option of a specialist pathway in either Nuclear Safety Culture or Tunelling Supervision to match the skills required by the learner and employer.
Benefits for individuals
• A national qualification to support you in obtaining your Supervisory CSCS Gold Card by creating NVQ evidence
• Get a solid grounding in the operation of construction projects and programmes
• Learn site and staff management techniques
• Manage and lead site safety and workplace behaviour
• Develop skills to effectively lead, supervise, and communicate to teams.
Benefits for employers
• Ensure best practice in people and site management
• Safer and more efficient use of physical, fiscal and human resources
• Managers with proven application of skills for tenders and major contracts
• Staff who meet the technical and competence needs of programmes and projects Grant funded by C-Skills.
Learners are able to take a number of pathways through their qualification – a generic route looking at delivery of site operations or specialist route in either Nuclear Safety Culture or Supervision in Tunnelling Environments.
Certificate pathways provide learners with additional units in areas such as understanding commercial awareness and managing development and at Diploma level there is an additional set of optional units for learners to further develop management skills and improve their operational performance in the workplace.
Modules and path-way for level 3 Certificate
• Managing own personal and technical development
• Handling difficult situations
• Achieving performance through people
• Leadership and management practice for the construction and built environment sector
• Delivery of site operation and logistics