Management and Leadership
Non-accredited Management and Leadership Development courses
Developing yourself as a Team Leader | Understand the role and responsibilities of a team leader and improve personal performance.
- The various roles, functions and responsibilities of a team leader
- Limits of authority and accountability, and how these are defined
- Personal skills and abilities for effective team leading
- Using reflective learning skills to improve performance
- Areas of strength and possible improvement
Management in a Box© Programme | Complete a cycle of leadership and management skills over 12 months. Real life experience and continued success is at the heart of this training.
Management Communication | Covering the importance of effective communication in management.
- Communication theories, including the communication cycle and overcoming barriers
- Different types of communication, including verbal, written, visual and electronic
- Non-verbal communication, such as body language and facial expression
- Business language, including tone, style and vocabulary
Core Management | Address the key skills that all managers need to be effective and efficient. Practical skills that you can apply directly into the workplace.
- Motivating to inspire and increase quality and productivity
- Understanding and planning change
- Planning and allocating work for maximum efficiency
- Health and Safety
- Essential HR skills for managers
Mental Health Awareness | Create a culture that supports staff to be open about their mental health. Gain an understanding of how to manage an employee’s time off sick and ensure a smooth return to work.
- Defining and understanding mental health
- Statistics and economic impact
- Risk and protective factors
- Stigma and discrimination
- Common mental health problems, signs and symptoms
- Suicide and self-harm (risk assessment)
- Self-help and signposting to available services/ support
Understanding Conflict and Stress | This course covers causes, stages and effects of conflict in the workplace.
- The stages and causes of conflict
- Conflict management strategies
- Creating a positive atmosphere
- Common workplace stressors
- Occupational stress management