IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
Continued support to managers with health and safety issues
The Managing Safely Refresher course aims to provide continued support to managers in dealing with health and safety issues in the workplace.
This one day refresher course is designed to facilitate the continuing professional development of personnel who have achieved a Managing Safely Certificate within the last three years, thereby ensuring their continuing competence.
Candidates must bring a copy of their IOSH Managing Safely certificate with them to the course. This must be valid with the last three years.
• Recognising commonly found workplace hazards and how to control them
• Determining why accidents involving injury or damage occur in the workplace
• How aspects of human behavior can affect Health and Safety at work
• How to apply principles of good management to Health and Safety
• How to use effective communication and make sure that H&S law is obeyed within the workplace, whilst covering:
• Principles of Management
• Health and Safety Law
• Accident Causation and Prevention
• Risk Assessment and Control
• Monitoring Safety Performance
• Human Factors and Communications
• Occupational Health Hazards
• Machinery Safeguarding
• Electrical Safety
• Fire Prevention
• Manual and Mechanical Handling
Other subjects bespoke to company requirements can also be covered. There are many interactive exercises to enhance the learning experience.