IOSH Leading Safely
Better productivity, increased profits and an enhanced reputation
As a responsible leader you know the importance of safety and health. Now learn its value. As a senior executive, your time is precious.
That’s why we’ve designed our leading safely course in conjunction with business leaders to cover only what you need, in as short a time as possible.
Whatever the size of your organisation, the course will show you how investing in safety and health can reap valuable business benefits, including better productivity, increased profits, an enhanced reputation and a stronger brand.
Key learning points
• Recognising the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance
• Understanding your safety and health responsibilities
• Appreciating the consequences of poor safety and health
• Planning the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation
• Understanding the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system
• Knowing why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance
Content and assessment
• Initial diagnostic questionnaire on your safety and health leadership behaviours
• Personalised report based on your responses, including recommendations on actions to take and improvements to make
• Case study review, tailored to your needs and industry – how things can go wrong, then ‘getting it right’, including a follow-on scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act HSMS and integration into business systems
• Assessment is completion of a personal commitment – a set of actions to take following the recommendations in your report and other learning
Leading Safely business benefits
• A reduction in accident rates, absence and sick leave
• Increased productivity and profits
• An improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners
• Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
• Business continuity
“SVC Group took all the stress out of the situation, understanding our needs perfectly. I would highly recommend their services to companies of any size” – Direct Solutions