Please note: due to a urgent booking at SVC HQ training centre, we have had to postpone our Car Wash for a couple of weeks – we will keep you posted when we have a new date. Apologies for any inconvenience.
The team at SVC HQ will be hosting a charity car wash for small donations on Wednesday 12th July at our offices: 18 Westside Centre, London Road, Stanway, Colchester, CO3 8PH.
All money collected will be added to our fundraising pot for the Birkett Long £50 Challenge in aid of St Helena Hospice. Come and keep us busy— drive away with a sparkling car and a sparkling heart.
Calling local businesses! We want you to turn £50 into as much as you can for the hospice using teamwork, innovation and creativity! The Birkett Long £50 Challenge for corporate teams is back for the 6th year and we challenge your workplace to take part.
The idea is simple; local businesses are given a £50 note, generously donated by local solicitors Birkett Long LLP, and from there they are invited to turn it into much money as possible within a four month period, and all money raised is then donated to the hospice. You can enter your business as one whole team or set up some healthy in house competition and register as many teams as you would like to.
Why take part?
- It is a fantastic opportunity to use all your entrepreneurial skills to develop and deliver innovative and fun ways to raise money to get as much return back from the £50 as possible
- Your business will be supporting your local hospice to help local people with an incurable illness to live well and die with dignity and choice
- The challenge provides you with a platform to promote your business and network with other participating companies
- It will help to enhance your business profile as you will be able to engage with your suppliers, customers (as well, as family and friends)
- It offers an inspiring and creative team building exercise for you and your colleagues
Yvette understands the impact of St Helena Hospice. She was with her husband Tim when he died at the Inpatient Unit just one day after his 48th birthday, having lived with a type of bone marrow cancer for six years. Yvette says:
“I think he felt nervous about being at home with just me, so it was a relief going into the Inpatient Unit where he could feel safe and secure and know these people know what they are talking about. They try to make sure your standard and quality of life is maintained. Dignity, they preserve your dignity… I hope that when I die, depending on the circumstances, that I’ll be somewhere like this and so well looked after.”
Since its inception in 2012, the Birkett Long £50 Challenge has raised more than £200,000. Last year teams collectively raised more than £45,000 – incredible!
Jennie Skingsley, Associate and Marketing Manager at Birkett Long LLP, said: “The £50 Challenge is something that Birkett Long looks forward to every year. It’s an exciting way for us to meet new local businesses and hear about innovative and exciting fundraising ideas, as well as showing our support for St Helena Hospice.”